Club membership fees are now due for 2020 – call down to the Club any Tuesday evening from 14th January 2020 onward to settle up!!
Latest Club News:
- As a consequence of recent UK Government advice to limit public gatherings from the current COVID-19 situation, Club Officers have taken a critical decision to suspend Tuesday evening Club night meetings in the coming weeks and at least, until after the Easter 2020 break. This suspension will be under regular review by Club Officers, so watch this space for any change. However, subject to availability, the Club propose to meet instead on radio, between 7-9pm on Tuesday evenings on the GB3UL 70cm Belfast repeater (433.050) for the foreseeable future. If there are any difficulties accessing or sustaining contact on GB3UL, an alternative, simplex frequency may be proposed to maintain Club contact and support all members, especially at this difficult time. Keep safe: there’s no better time to use Amateur Radio to make and keep in local contact with the Club and others who might need our help. 73 de GIØLIX.
- Carrickfergus Amateur Radio Group (CARG, GIØLIX) is 40 years young in 2020!! The Club was first formed in 1980 and has grown in membership and stature in equal measure. The Club are planning some upcoming events to mark this Ruby year.
- The Club will participate in the annual International Lighthouse Lightship Weekend (ILLW 2020) on 22nd & 23rd August 2020 – details to follow.
- Carrickfergus ARG will host their Annual Radio Rally on 24th October 2020 in Downshire School, Carrickfergus, BT38 7DA. Doors will be provisionally open from 11 am onward.
- Regular updates are broadcast on the Club Twitter feed
- Keep up to date with national and international developments in amateur radio on the RSGB GB2RS News page.
- Further details of Club activities (and for information on Amateur Radio licence courses offered at the Club venue: Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced and CW tutoring) can be obtained by emailing the Club: email@example.com
Live-feed HF & VHF solar data with Europe K-Index, band conditions and EME/MUF for DX as follows:
Solar data provided from HAMQSL. Thanks to Paul L. Hermann, Sierra Vista, Arizona, USA.