Carrickfergus Amateur Radio Group
Latest Club News:
- As a consequence of 2020 UK Government advice to limit public gatherings from the current COVID-19 situation, Club Officers have taken a critical decision to suspend Tuesday evening Club night meetings until further notice. This suspension will be under regular review by Club Officers, so watch this space for any change. However, subject to availability, the Club propose to meet instead on radio, between 7-9pm on Tuesday evenings on the GB3UL 70cm Belfast repeater (433.050) for the foreseeable future. If there are any difficulties accessing or sustaining contact on GB3UL, an alternative, simplex frequency may be proposed to maintain Club contact and support all members, especially at this difficult time. Keep safe: there’s no better time to use Amateur Radio to make and keep in local contact with the Club and others who might need our help. 73 de GIØLIX.
- Carrickfergus Amateur Radio Group (CARG, GIØLIX) is 40 years young in 2020!! The Club was first formed in 1980 and has grown in membership and stature in equal measure. The Club are planning some upcoming events to mark this Ruby year.
- Regular updates are broadcast on the Club Twitter feed
- Keep up to date with national and international developments in amateur radio on the RSGB GB2RS News page.
- Further details of Club activities (and for information on Amateur Radio licence courses offered at the Club venue: Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced and CW tutoring) can be obtained by emailing the Club: email@example.com
Live-feed HF & VHF solar data with Europe K-Index, band conditions and EME/MUF for DX as follows:
Solar data provided from HAMQSL. Thanks to Paul L. Hermann, Sierra Vista, Arizona, USA.