Welcome to the Carrickfergus Amateur Radio Group (CARG) website. The site offers real-time feeds to VHF/HF solar data and the DX cluster for station operation. CARG and RSGB Twitter feeds provide up-to-date streaming tweets at the footer of all web pages, as well as the latest posts on the CARG Facebook page.
Feel free to use this website for the latest access to technical data for station operating and to keep abreast of amateur radio news and developments.
Latest Club News:
- Carrickfergus Amateur Radio Group (CARG, GIØLIX) is 40 years young in 2020!! The Club was first formed in 1980 and has grown in membership and stature in equal measure. The Club are planning some upcoming events to mark this Ruby year.
- The Club will participate in the annual International Lighthouse Lightship Weekend (ILLW 2020) on 22nd & 23rd August 2020 – details to follow.
- Carrickfergus ARG will host their Annual Radio Rally on 24th October 2020 in Downshire School, Carrickfergus, BT38 7DA. Doors will be provisionally open from 11 am onward.
- Regular updates are broadcast on the Club Twitter feed
- Keep up to date with national and international developments in amateur radio on the RSGB GB2RS News page.
- Further details of Club activities (and for information on Amateur Radio licence courses offered at the Club venue: Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced and CW tutoring) can be obtained by emailing the Club: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Club meets every Tuesday evening during normal school term time from 7pm (until 9pm) in Downshire School, located on Downshire Road, Carrickfergus, BT38 7DA.
The Club callsign is GIØLIX and QSL information is available on the tab above and on QRZ.com. When operating remotely or as a portable station, the Club will often use the GNØLIX callsign.
CARG was formed in 1980 and since that time Club members have been actively involved in many radio related events throughout Northern Ireland and beyond. CARG is an active and vibrant club with a healthy and diverse range of members and associates – all with a keen interest in amateur radio.
The Club hosts an RSGB registered teaching and examination centre for all classes of amateur radio licence examinations. Morse (CW – continuous wave) tutoring is also available (on request) for proficiency testing. Contact the Club using the tab above if you are interested in enrolling on an amateur radio licence course. The Club offers weekly tutoring and examination hosting for the Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced levels. Course participants are encouraged to progress to Intermediate and Advanced levels once a Foundation certificate is attained.
Photographs of previous events are normally available on the Gallery page. Upcoming events and activities are listed in the Events page.
Every day sees humanity more victorious in the struggle with space and time — Guglielmo Marconi
Live-feed HF & VHF solar data with Europe K-Index, band conditions and EME/MUF for DX as follows:
Carrickfergus Amateur Radio Group is a Radio Society of Great Britain (RSGB) affiliated Club