Welcome to the Carrickfergus Amateur Radio Group (CARG) website. The site offers real-time feeds to VHF/HF solar data and the DX cluster for station operation. CARG and RSGB Twitter feeds provide up-to-date streaming tweets at the footer of all web pages, as well as the latest posts on the CARG Facebook page.
Feel free to use this website for the latest access to technical data for station operating and to keep abreast of amateur radio news and developments.
The CARG normal call-sign is GIØLIX, with special event station call-sign GNØLIX
Latest Club News:
- The Club officially resumes on Tuesday 10th January 2023 at 7pm in Elim Pentecostal Church, North Road, Carrickfergus, BT38 8ND with the Annual General Meeting (AGM) from 7:30pm onward – all members (and visitors) are welcome to attend (and return any trophies and awards in time for presentation at the AGM, or bring them along on the AGM night).
- Carrickfergus Amateur Radio Group wish all Club members and visitors a very Happy🎄🕯️🎅 and Peaceful Christmas 🎄🎁🎄with best wishes and every blessing for the New Year 🕛 2023.
- New international Club event added (for August 2023) in the EVENTS page – International Lighthouse/Lightship Weekend
- The Annual Club Christmas Bun Fight will take place on Tuesday 13th December 2022 from 7pm in Elim Pentecostal Church, North Road, Carrickfergus, BT38 8ND. All members and visitors are most welcome. The Club will return in the New Year on 10th January 2023 for the Annual General Meeting (AGM): if you are a trophy or award holder, please return these as soon as possible and in time for next year’s presentations.
- Carrickfergus Amateur Radio Group, GIØLIX sincerely thank all the traders and visitors who made it along to the Annual Radio Rally on Saturday 29th October 2022. Despite some bad weather on the day, the Rally was well supported with much chatter during meet ups and swift sales from traders and bring and buy tables. Special thanks to the traders who helped make the Rally a successful day, and Club members for all the help and support before and on the day. The Club hopes to see many more next year!
- Carrickfergus Amateur Radio Group continue to meet for Club nights on Tuesday evenings from 7pm in Elim Pentecostal Church, North Road, Carrickfergus, BT38 8ND. All visitors are welcome.
- Contact the Club: email@example.com
- Regular updates are broadcast on the Club Twitter feed
- Keep up to date with national and international developments in amateur radio on the RSGB GB2RS News page.
- Further details of Club activities (and for information on Amateur Radio licence courses offered at the Club venue: Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced and CW tutoring) can be obtained by emailing the Club: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Club meets every Tuesday evening during normal school term time from 7pm (until 9pm) in Elim Pentecostal Church, North Road, Carrickfergus, BT38 8ND. All visitors are welcome.
The Club callsign is GIØLIX and QSL information is available on the tab above and on QRZ.com. When operating remotely or as a portable station, the Club will often use the GNØLIX callsign.
CARG was formed in 1980 and since that time Club members have been actively involved in many radio related events throughout Northern Ireland and beyond. CARG is an active and vibrant club with a healthy and diverse range of members and associates – all with a keen interest in amateur radio.
The Club hosts an RSGB registered teaching and examination centre for all classes of amateur radio licence examinations. Morse (CW – continuous wave) tutoring is also available (on request) for proficiency testing. Contact the Club using the tab above if you are interested in enrolling on an amateur radio licence course. The Club offers weekly tutoring and examination hosting for the Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced levels. Course participants are encouraged to progress to Intermediate and Advanced levels once a Foundation certificate is attained.
Photographs of previous events are normally available on the Gallery page. Upcoming events and activities are listed in the Events page.
Every day sees humanity more victorious in the struggle with space and time — Guglielmo Marconi
Live-feed Solar Flux Index (SFI), Europe K-Index (last 30 days) for DX as follows:
Full access to real-time HF/VHF live-feed solar, MUF and EME data on the News page
Carrickfergus Amateur Radio Group is a Radio Society of Great Britain (RSGB) affiliated Club
Carrickfergus Amateur Radio Group (CARG), GIØLIX website designed and maintained by: MIØTBL